In 1911, this building was one of London's most elaborate and distinctive buildings. What has come to be known as the Michelin House was developed by Francois Espinasse, an employee of the French tire manufacturer, to house the company's premier United Kingdom headquarters.
Espinasse incorporated many shapes reflecting the Art Nouveau style. He also included many features that represented the business's products, as well as the logo. One of the many striking elements is a trio of large stained glass windows depicting the corporation's mascot, Bibendum. The anthropomorphic figure is made entirely out of inner tubes.