DailyHum Logo
Kentucky student found unresponsive dies of 'presumed alcohol toxicity'
Oct 21, 2021 | KRON4
Picture - Kentucky student found unresponsive dies of 'presumed alcohol toxicity'

LEXINGTON, Ky. (NewsNation Now) — A first-year University of Kentucky student died after being found unresponsive at a fraternity house, and the coroner’s office said the student died from “presumed alcohol toxicity.”

Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn identified the student as Thomas “Lofton” Hazelwood, 18, of Henderson. Toxicology test results are pending.

The student was a member of FarmHouse Fraternity. The university suspended activities at the fraternity while Hazelwood’s death is being investigated, University President Eli Capilouto and Vice President for Student Success Kirsten Turner said in a message to the campus community Tuesday evening.

University spokesman Jay Blanton said campus police were called to the fraternity around 6:20 p.m. Monday. The student was taken to a hospital, but attempts to revive him were unsuccessful, Blanton said.

Sponsored
Chasing Oregon’s Watery Wonders
19 hours ago | Atlas Obscura
Travel