This lookout bridge appears to be a lookout place for the fairytale castle of Ludwig II, oddly enough, the bridge predates the castle by nearly half a century.
The MarienBrücke (Maria Bridge) is a steel bridge next to the Neuschwanstein castle. The bridge was first constructed from wood in 1845 by King Maxmillian II of Bavaria and named after his wife who was an avid hiker.
The couple's son later rebuilt the bridge out of steel in 1866, around the same time he started construction on the castle. The bridge was designed with a completely new architectural method, utilizing steel cables and stretchable constructions to create a rigid bridge above the well over 200 feet (90 meters) from the ground.